Last updated July 9, 2023
Information Collection and Use
We collect personal information such as names and email addresses when users register for membership on our website or sign up for our newsletter. We may use this information to communicate with our members about upcoming events, promotions or to share technology-related news.
We also collect non-personal information such as browser type, operating system, and IP addresses. This information is used to improve our website’s overall user experience and track website analytics.
We will not share, sell, or rent your personal information to any third party except as the law requires.
Our website may contain links to third-party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these websites. We encourage our users to review the privacy policies of these websites before providing any personal information.
We take the security of our users’ personal information seriously and use reasonable measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or data destruction. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
How We Protect Your Information
We have implemented the following measures to protect and safeguard your personal information:
- We collect only the essential personal information required;
- Using SSL or other secure connection technologies when receiving or sending personal information beyond internal networks;
- Performing regular risk assessments;
- We ensure the security of our systems by implementing intrusion prevention and detection systems and regularly updating our software and safeguards.
This Website is intended for use by a general audience and does not offer services to children. Should a child we know to be under 18 send personal information to us, we will use that information only to respond to that child and inform him or her that they cannot use this Website.
We retain all of the information that we collect.
We use the information that we collect about you for direct marketing purposes. Direct marketing is the act of selling products or services directly to consumers rather than through retailers. You may request that we cease using your information for direct marketing by emailing us at email@example.com.
All visitors or users of this website have the following rights with regard to their personal information:
- The right to access the personal information that we have collected about you.
- The right to know whether your personal information is sold or disclosed and to whom.
- The right to say no to the sale of your personal information.
- The right to request that we delete all or some of the personal information we collected on you.
- The right to equal service and price, even if you exercise your privacy rights.
- The right to ask us to transmit the personal information we collected on you to another provider (where technically feasible).
- The right to request that we amend any information we have collected about you.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your data.
- The right to request that we restrict the processing of your data.
- The right to lodge a complaint regarding our collection, sharing and processing of data with competent authorities in the proper jurisdiction.
- The right to stop receiving unwanted direct marketing.
Exercising Your Rights
You may exercise the rights specified above by submitting a member request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will need to verify your identity prior to effectuating your request. To verify your identity, you must provide us with your full name and the email address you registered with.
Please note that we may be unable to process your request if you do not provide us with the above information.
You may also designate an authorized agent to exercise your rights on your behalf. You may designate an agent via any of the ways used to submit requests on your behalf. We will request the agent to verify that he or she has the authority to submit requests on your behalf. We will do so by asking the agent to submit the following information:
A Valid Power of Attorney.
Please note that we may not be able to process your request if your designated agent and/or you do not provide us with the above information.
The following person is accountable and responsible for our privacy practices and procedures:
SLinT Tech Team
Learn more about the Maryland Personal Information Protection Act.